About Urology and Andrology
Urology is a branch of surgery that encompasses the study and treatment of disease affecting the urinary and genital tracts. These include organs such as the kidneys, the ureters (tubes though which urine travels between the kidney and the urinary bladder), the bladder, the prostate, the urethra (tube leading urine from the bladder to the outside), as well as the male and occasionally female genital organs. Diseases which we deal with as urologists include stones, infections, cancer, reconstruction and infertility.
Andrology is a highly specialised branch of urology which deals with Men's health issues. These include male factor infertility, cancer of the male genital organs (penis and testis mainly), erectile and ejaculation difficulties and also reconstruction after surgery or other disease including trauma.
Andrology Conditions we treat
We deal with the comprehensive spectrum of andrological and men's health conditions to a supra-specialist level.
1) Erectile Dysfunction
2) Testosterone deficiency
3) Problems with ejaculation
4) Peyronie's Disease
5) Reconstructive surgery for the male genitals
6) Testicular lumps and testis cancer
7) Male genital cancers and reconstruction
8) Male infertility
9) Vasectomy and vasectomy reversal
General urology conditions we treat
Investigation and management of:
1) Benign male genital problems e.g. foreskin problems, benign testicular lumps
2) prostate assessment for raised PSA tests and for male urinary symptoms
3) Investigation of blood in the urine
4) Urinary tract infections in men and women
Although foreskin conditions fall in the remit of general urology, as andrologists, we are particularly expert at dealing with most conditions involving the male genitals.
Notice: The content on this website is for infomation only and in order to broaden the information available. It should be taken into context with a full medical/specialist opinion. It does not replace this opinion. It is not always applicable to all patents even with the same condition.